Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ikiryo finished and Onryo WIP

Today I want to start by pointing folks in the direction of a couple of folks that have been inspirations to me in my paining. First is TheJoeyBerry from YouTube. She has a great channel and is one of the reasons I got into Malifaux and inspires me to keep my blog updated on a regular basis. Next is Les from AwesomePaintjob. If you haven't seen this guy's videos or blogs you need to check them out. He is an amazing painter and has a lot of great techniques. And finally, for this post anyway, is Chung at Wargamers Consortium. Another great guy in the YouTube wargaming community and has posted a lot of helpful videos about things from brushes to paints to airbrushes. I'll post links to their channels at the bottom of this post so you can check them out.

I decided not to enter the contest so I will show you what I have been working on. First up is the Ikiryo. This is the one I was going to use to enter, but realized I had published a pic of the entire crew after I had based. I decided with the Ikiryo I would continue the black and red theme I started with Kirai. Here she is completed and matte varnished, I just need to work on the base now.


I have also decided that my Kirai is done and applied the matte varnish to her as well. As with the Ikiryo, I still need to work on the base but I wanted the painting protected while I was working.


Now on to the next two models in the crew, The Onryo. Here is a WIP of them.

 

So until next time. Remember to have fun and check out the wargaming community on YouTube.

P.S. I think it might be about time to build a light box for taking photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment