Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ultramarine Librarian and Underwater Cave update

I made some progress on the Ultramarine Librarian in Terminator armor today. I have gotten him completed through the wash phase and am waiting for the primer on the base to dry so I can get him based and finish up. 
Librarian in Terminator Armor

While waiting for paint to dry I also began work on the underwater Cave terrain pieces. Nothing much to show right now, they still just look like pink foam. The first thing I did to them was to apply a coat of Mod Podge to the surface of the foam. I had tried to paint directly on the foam, but the foam was absorbing the paint and I was using too much paint to get good coverage. My hope is that the Mod Podge will fill in the porous surface of the foam and allow me to get a good even coat of paint on the surface. I will update when I find out if this worked or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment